Logical Reasoning with a Story

Image
Read the following story and answer the questions given below:  Title: A Hunter and His Loyal Eagle  Once upon a time, an eagle flew over the high mountains with its companion hunter in the woods. The hunter had been searching for food and water but found nothing. Finally, he came upon a small spring beside a vertical cliff. He was parched and famished. Taking his mug, he went to the spring and collected some water falling from the cliff. Just as he was about to drink, his eagle swooped down and knocked the mug out of his hand. The hunter was both angry and astonished by this behaviour. He tried again to collect water, but the eagle repeated its actions. The hunter, enraged, warned the eagle that if it did so again, he would kill it. Despite the warning, the eagle knocked the mug out of the hunter's hand once more. In a fit of rage, the hunter killed the eagle. Still fuming, he climbed the cliff to get water from the source. When he reached the top, he was shocked to find a de...

Venn Diagrams - Logical Reasoning Test 6

 


Q.1 Can you spot a mistake in the picture above
The Answer is 'MISTAKE'

Type of questions of logical Conclusions:

Q.2 

Statements:

Some singles are doubles 

Some doubles are fours

All fours are sixes 

Conclusions:

I-  All singles can never fours

II- All sixes are fours

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

Answer: (A) Only I follows

 

Q.3 

Statements:

Some purses is packet  

All packets are kit

No purse is bag

All fours are sixes 

Conclusions:

I-  All packets is being purse is possibility 

II- No kit is bag

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

Answer: (A) Only I follows


Q.4 

Statements:

No mock is a paper  

Some papers are spanks

All spanks are slaps

Conclusions:

I-  All mocks are not spanks 

II- All slaps being mocks is a possibility

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

Answer: (D) None follows

  

Q.5 

Statements:

Some purses is packet  

All packets are kit

No purse is bag

All fours are sixes 

Conclusions:

I-  All packets is being purse is possibility 

II- No kit is bag

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

Answer: (A) Only I follows

Explanation:

1. Some purses are packets (Given)

2. All packets are kits (Given)

3. No purse is a bag (Given)

From statement 1 and 2, we can conclude that some purses are kits (by transitive property).

Now, let's analyze the conclusions:

I. All packets being purses is a possibility (True)

Since some purses are packets, it's possible that all packets are purses (although we don't know for sure).

II. No kit is a bag (True)

If no purse is a bag (statement 3) and all packets are kits (statement 2), then no kit (or packet) can be a bag.

The statement "All fours are sixes" is irrelevant to the conclusions, as it doesn't provide any information about purses, packets, kits, or bags.

Therefore, both conclusions I and II follow logically from the given statements.


Q.6 

Statements:

Some dogs are cats   

Some cats are squirrels 

All squirrels are rabbits 

Conclusions:

I-  All rabbits are squirrels 

II- Some cats are squirrels is a bossibility

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

Explanation:

I. All rabbits are squirrels (This conclusion is false, as the statement "All squirrels are rabbits" does not imply that all rabbits are squirrels)

II. Some cats are squirrels (This conclusion is a possibility, as the statement "Some cats are squirrels" is one of the given statements)

Therefore, only conclusion II follows from the given statements.

Answer: (B) Only II follows 


Q.7 

Statements:

Some books are tables 

No books is pens 

All bags are pens 

Conclusions:

I-  All pens are bags 

II- Some books pens is a possibility

A) Only I follows

B) Only II follows

C) Both follow

D) None follows

The correct answer is (B) Only II follows.

Explanation:

1. Some books are tables (This statement is likely false, as books and tables are different objects)

2. No books is pen (This statement is true, as books and pens are different objects)

3. All bags are pens (This statement is likely false, as bags and pens are different objects)

Conclusions:

I. All pens are bags (This conclusion does not follow from the statements, as the third statement only implies that all bags are pens, not the other way around)

II. Some books are pens is a possibility (This conclusion follows from the statements, as the first statement "Some books are tables" does not imply that books cannot be pens, and the second statement "No books is pen" only negates the possibility that all books are pens, but not that some books could be pens)

Therefore, only conclusion II follows from the given statements.  


Q.8

If a boy has some dollars when he enters a shop and buys something, when he leaves the shop he has half of the amount. If he buys a good of 10 %  of his total amount what he has when he leaves the shop?

Explanation:

1. The boy has some money (x) when he enters the shop.

2. He buys something and leaves the shop with half the amount (x/2).

3. The item he buys is 10% of his total amount (0.1x).

Since he leaves the shop with half the amount, the amount he spent is also half the amount (x/2).

We can set up the equation:

x/2 = 0.1x

Solving for x, we get:

x = 20

So, the boy had $20 when he entered the shop.

The item he bought cost 10% of $20, which is $2.

When he left the shop, he had half of $20, which is $10.

Answer: The boy had $20, spent $10, and left the shop with $10. The item he bought cost $2.


Q.9

If a boy starts studying from the first week of March and continues for 40 weeks. What will is the month when he ends his studies? 

A) March 

B) April 

C) May 

D) December

The answer is D) June 

Explanation:

March has 4 weeks (since he starts studying from the first week of March).

April has 4 weeks.

May has 4 weeks.

June has 4 weeks (and he completes his 40 weeks of studying).

So, the boy will complete his 40 weeks of studying in the last week of December.

Therefore, the correct answer is D) December

Q.10 

Statements:

Some music are drama

All dreams are music

No dance is dreams

Conclusion:

I-Some dances are drama

II-All music being dance is a possibility

A) Only conclusion I follows

B) Only conclusion II follows

C) Either I or II conclusion follows

D) Neither I nor II conclusion follows

The correct answer is D) Neither I nor II follows 

Explanation:

Since the option "Some dances are drama" (A) is already established as the conclusion, and the options are mutually exclusive, we can eliminate option A.

That leaves us with only one option: "All music is being Dance is a possibility" (B).

However, as we previously discussed, the statements don't provide enough evidence to conclude that all music is dance.

So, indeed, neither conclusion is a possibility, and the correct answer is D) Neither conclusion is a possibility.


Attempt the probability of balls drawn from the bag 

Comments

  1. Not only your English fantasy but also your math reasoning is great! 😊👏🌸

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Logical Reasoning with a Story

Logical Reasoning for the beginners Test 1

Logical Reasonings